Without Experience

Maribel was really getting frustrated. It was the end of her senior year and she
was supposed to start looking for a job. She thought that she would like to work
in the restaurant business because she liked food, she liked people, and she
liked the idea of working in the evening.
She presented this idea to her teacher.

“What experience do you have in the restaurant
business?” her teacher asked.
“Well, I’ve eaten in a lot of them,” Maribel laughed.
The teacher didn’t laugh.

“Have you been a waitress? Helped in a kitchen? Cleaned off tables? Have you
done any of these things?”

“Yes,” said Maribel, “in my own kitchen at home. I clear my own dishes after
dinner and sometimes I load the dishwasher. I’ve helped my mom bake and my
dad lets me cook stuff on the grill.”
”Well, that’s not really the kind of experience I’m talking about,” said her teacher.

“It would really help if you had some restaurant experience.” 
Maribel groaned. “I just want to have a chance to work in a restaurant to learn
about it and see if I like it. But I can’t get experience without experience!”
How can Maribel get the experience she needs so that she can find out if she likes the restaurant business?

by : inspirational story

Post a Comment

0 Comments